Big changes are in store for AWC-SB.
The future is bright as we transition to an independent organization and here are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is AWC-SB dissolving?
- No, although the national umbrella organization is shutting down, AWC-SB is going strong and is currently going through the transition to becoming a completely independent organization.
- Is the name of AWC-SB changing?
- We will be dropping the chapter designation. We will be known as Association for Women in Communications Santa Barbara.
- My membership has expired. How do I renew?
- Please be patient as we set up new administrative procedures for renewing memberships. We will let members and past members know as soon as these are in place. In the meantime, we will consider recently expired members to have an active status, so they will be able to attend events like the June 7 friend-raiser with no additional charge.
- My membership is about to expire. What should I do?
- Please be patient as we set up new administrative procedures for renewing memberships. We hope to have those in place soon, and we will contact you then. In the meantime, we will consider recently expired members to have an active status, so they will be able to attend events like the June 7 friend-raiser with no additional charge.
- Will dues remain the same?
- Since a portion of our membership dues went to the national organization, our dues will change. We are in the process of recalibrating dues and will contact you as soon as those have been set.
- Will programming change?
- Absolutely not! We are committed to providing members with a strong monthly program of networking opportunities and professional development programs. We are always interested in your suggestions for future programs.