Big changes are in store for AWC-SB.
The future is bright as we transition to an independent organization and here are answers to some Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is AWC-SB dissolving?
- No, although the national umbrella organization is shutting down, AWC-SB is going strong and is currently going through the transition to becoming a completely independent organization.
- Is the name of AWC-SB changing?
- We will be dropping the chapter designation. We will be known as Association for Women in Communications Santa Barbara.
- My membership has expired. How do I renew?
- If your membership expired before August 2023, you can click this link and join as a new member.
- My membership is about to expire. What should I do?
- You should have received an email on or around 8/4/23 with the subject line “AWC Santa Barbara – IMPORTANT INFO about your AWC-SB Membership.” This email contains directions for setting up an account in our new database. If you did not see it, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will dues remain the same?
- Dues are similar to what you have been paying. Click here to see the membership levels and pricing.
- Will programming change?
- Absolutely not! We are committed to providing members with a strong monthly program of networking opportunities and professional development programs. We are always interested in your suggestions for future programs.