About AWC & AWC-SB
The Association for Women in Communications (AWC) is a national organization that has been encouraging women to develop their skills as communicators for over 100 years.
The Santa Barbara Chapter of the Association for Women in Communications (AWC-SB) is the premier organization for communication professionals in the Santa Barbara region. AWC-SB’s board of directors, in conjunction with chapter members and other community leaders, organizes monthly meetings which help women at all stages of their careers stay current with important developments in the technology, practice, psychology and ethics of communications. Members are also encouraged to assume leadership roles in the organization, their careers and their communities.
AWC-SB is committed to:
· Empowering women across communication fields, disciplines, and occupational roles to achieve their dreams and to represent the highest standards of excellence in their work.
· Inspiring members to work collaboratively with others in shaping a better future for themselves and others in their communities in leadership roles.
· Encouraging members to go beyond self-interest and commercial success and to “represent something larger than themselves” as a part of a larger community and world.
We provide access to role models and leaders in the communication fields as well as access to scholarships, current trends and related research and technologies for our members. AWC-SB inspires members to assume leadership roles and /or work collaboratively with others in shaping a better future for themselves and their communities.
Our purpose is to:
· Create a supportive environment for women to share experiences and exchange information and opportunities for success in their work.
· Provide access to role models and leaders in the communication fields, explore current trends, and learn related research technologies.
· Provide educational seminars and access to information in the Santa Barbara region to help members stay abreast of trends and shifts in the global economy, occupations, and professions.
· Provide internships for women students that involve finding role models, mentors and opportunities to learn about the emerging, expanding world of communications.
Click here to join now. Our Santa Barbara chapter grew by more than 30% during the October 2020 membership drive – a testament to the power of remaining connected during the pandemic, and the inclusivity of our members. If you have questions or would like assistance signing up, email Carolyn Jabs, AWC-SB membership chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.