The Association for Women in Communication of Santa Barbara is growing! Each month we have new members join our organization. If you haven’t become a member, we hope you will consider doing so to take advantage of membership benefits. Of course, additional benefits come with membership from our national office, such as a newsletter with informative articles, a job board, webinars, and twitter chats. You can tap into these offerings at www.womcom.org
Your local AWC-SB Board is developing new membership benefits, too! Dr. Kathy Gruver is our new Membership Chair, and she is coming up with some great perks for our members that you won’t want to miss, such as:
- If you are a member you will now have the opportunity to introduce yourself at our program meetings and be able to give a 30 second update about what you do.
- You can display your materials, books, etc. at our information table.
- You can make your services available to new members in a “new member welcome packet.”
- You will be listed in the “hot-sheet” given out at our program meetings to support your networking and connecting with others that are attending.
Save the Date!! Wednesday, June 6th, 2012…. We are already making plans for our annual signature event. Once again, we will be honoring two fabulous women in our community who demonstrate excellence in the field of communication by:
- Contributing to the community via the communications field
- Establishing a higher standard of excellence in the field
- Establishing a track record of reaching out to mentor other women and serves as a role model
- Promoting awareness of the communication field and can form a positive message that is heard in the community
This is definitely an event you won’t want to miss, and we need your help!! If you are able to support a committed group of women recognize these women leaders in their field through your communication talents, organizational talents, management talents and knowledge of our community, we invite you to join us! Please send me an email at email@example.com. Our event committee has always been a prestigious group of women who are recognized for their efforts, and we would love to include you!
I hope to see you at the upcoming BeTweener networking event at the Canary next Wednesday, March 7th (it’s free and it fun!) and our next program meeting in April. Please let me know if you are interested in becoming a member or if you want to join the fun planning our June event!
Dr. Lynn K. Jones